This is a living document outlining the things I use. Check out what other people use at uses.tech. Please note I will use affiliate links when available.
- Work - Dell running Windows 10
- 2 Dell 27” monitors
- Personal/home office
- ROG Zephyrus 14” Gaming Laptop - AMD Ryzen 9 - 16GB Memory
- Windows 11
- 2 Asus 27” monitors, no longer available.
- Vivo dual monitor arm
- Both locations
- Logitech G915 TKL keyboard—I love, love, love the low profile switches on this mechanical keyboard. Turns out I should have bought the full keyboard because I do just enough numerical entry that it would be helpful.
- Logitech M705 Mouse—I’ve owned at least five of these mice over the years. They are lightweight and have an excellent battery life.
- Logitech C920 Webcam
- iPhone 10
- Apple Pencil
- Apple Series 2 watch
- AirPods Pro
- JBL Flip—a great little bluetooth speaker.
- Sony WH1000XM3 noise-cancelling headphones—I don’t use this as often as I used to since I mostly work from home.
Other desk stuff
- Fezibo standing desk with a crappy laminated top. I planned on making a custom top but have not gotten around to it.
- CubeFit TerraMat—standing desk mat
- Aeron chair, size B—we have a size C that’s supposed to be the right size for me, but I like the B better.
- Ember mug—I have the 16oz black version 2 at home and an older white 10oz mug at work
- Amazon Alexa
- Menard’s architect Lamps with Govee Smart Bulbs
- EPN Laptop Stand
- Yootech wireless phone charger
- SteelSeries Mouse Pad
- Uplift Motion-X Balance Board
- USB Dock
- Brother laser printer
- Brother scanner - I hardly use this anymore, as my phone scans documents very well these days.
ARC Notebook—ARC and Circa are compatible systems. Circa Paper Punch Rocketbook and Pilot Frixion pens
- I’ve retired the Arc/Circa and Rocketbook notebooks in favor of the Full Focus planner. Pricy and luxurious. I like the leather cover in black.
- Pilot G2 Pens. I especially like the Metropolitan body that uses the G2 cartridges.
- Esington hourglass—I have both a small and large hourglass I purchased during their original Kickstarter.
- Star Wars Mighty Muggs Captain Rex—Everyone needs a rubber duck to help with debugging. Mine is in the form of Captain Rex.
- eBags Pro Slim Laptop Backpack
- Tom Bihn snake charmer bag—In 2016 this bag got a redesign and I have the older style. The two-sided mesh bag is great for holding all sorts of cables and other junk.
- Dvorak keyboard layout
- Visual Studio Code
- Visual Studio 2022 (work)
- Github for personal projects
- TFS and Azure Repos at work
- Occasionally Figma
- Google Chrome
- Github Desktop
- TimeSnapper Pro
- Microsoft Teams (work)
- Anki cards
- Nebo - for digital notetaking
- Carbonite, but my main desktop that was getting backed up has been dead for a while.